Saturday, January 3, 2015

Moments

Do you ever sit and reflect on the years past and wonder where time has gone? OF course you do! We all do. I remember as a child the words of my elders and they still echo today, "time flies". Such a simple statement with such huge impact and meaning. As an adult myself I now realize those words ring true more often than not. But as time does tend to escape us I wonder if we are just too busy for our own good. Let me explain. 2014 was an AMAZING year for myself, my love,  my family and my business. We have been able to experience things I honestly never dreamed. Our life kind of took on a mind of its own and we just 'lived' it. There were MANY moments I reminded myself to sit present in the moment and bask in ALL of the mundane glory. Sometime the phone got in the way of moments and sometimes TV was an escape and in other moments these 'crunches' helped to live the moments they helped document.
Two of my children have had amazing experiences in  Hollywood for there ONE year experience. My son filmed Dracula and commercials (Enterprise,  Elf on The Shelf, Wow! Cup, Downy to name a few. ) and my daughter held a guess apperiance on The Haunted Hathaway's. They worked together and separate and they have gained valuable life experience along the way. Now that being said 2015 may not be as successful.  It was a lot of work on my part. Some days I felt defeated and run down sitting in 3 hour traffic with a sleeping kiddo in the back and  rushing against the clock to get to the others. But let me tell you... when a work day came along for them, I was their BIGGEST cheerleader. I was in the moment. That was together time. Talking, playing, reading and for my son eating (he loves craft services with a passion I have never seen).

Cam is a competitive dancer. I have been guilty of getting caught up in dance mom drama. Pushing our kids to the point they break. Their little bodies can only do so much. I want to be present!! And it wasn't until half way through the year that actually I became present for my daughter. The Title award ment a little less than in years past. The joy came when I saw her nail a leap or turn. I saw that she can move mountains....and she will.

The boy is naive to his experiences and I LOVE that. What? you say? Yes I want my son to revel in the moments he spends with his father while seeing the Stanley Cup or shaking hands with all of the kings on the roof of the Staples Center. (Did you even know they had a roof?) I want him to scoff at Wolfgang Puck as he hands him dinner...or ask Dustin Brown why he photo bombed he and his friend. I want him to continue to ask for free ice cream cones....just because "they taste good" and then watch him RECEIVE said cone. My Jr. L.A. King and actor has had more life experience in his 7th year than most do in a lifetime.

Now the little ones have had preschool, moments of glory and tantrums.  They are both so little yet wise beyond their years. Avery struggles to find her place in such a busy house. She is such a sweet girl and recently mentioned aspirations of becoming 'a soccer girl'.

Madelyn has spent almost a year pneumonia free!!! This is an amazing feet. I think we have her meds and diet under control. She has cut her own hair not once but twice and although I got so mad I cried....I also found the perfect shirt and photographer to capture the damage and  her feisty personality.

Moments are fleeting but that doesn't mean we need to stop living them. We need to embrace the mundane and hold it tight, after all that is what life is made up of. So yes I have uttered to myself "time flies" actually, quite often. But that whisper is often followed up by a snapshot.

No comments: